Welcome to the world of Electric Assist Trike Riding!
TerraTrike's Electric Vehicle Option (or "E.V.O." for short) will transform the way you ride and will increase your range by degrees of magnitude. It will allow you to climb hills that were previously daunting, it will keep you spinning through rolling terrain. The Rambler E.V.O. is not intended to be an electric trike. The E.V.O. was designed to help you along your journey while you still get the cardio benefits of trike riding. You will hear and feel the motor turning on and off as it senses your need for assistance. You will still be shifting the trike as you normally would; as the hills get steeper or as you come to a stop.
With a generous range of up to 60 miles per charge, you will have nearly limitless potential. The lithium ion battery can be charged overnight with the included "smart" charger. Simply plug the charger into a nearby outlet, or the battery can be easily removed from its case for charging in a different location.
TerraTrike figured out the ideal torque sensor setting and assist level so that it is very predictable and optimized for assistance and range. The top speed is governed at 20 mph. The Rambler E.V.O. motor control accessories available are ‘Wired Plus Minus (WPM)’ ‘Wired Console’ and ‘Wireless Console with Plus Minus’. The trike will still be limited to 20mph but you will be able to adjust the level of assist (low, medium, or high) or you can put it into one of three regenerative modes which actually charges the battery on long descents.
The optional Wired Plus Minus (WPM) switch also adds a reverse gear. You will need to back pedal while it is backing up due to the drivetrain of the trike. But don’t worry, max speed in reverse is 2 mph. The WPM accessory can also help climb hills by providing a "crawl" feature. It too is limited to 2 mph and is merely intended to get the trike rolling so that you can begin your pedal stroke. After the trike starts to move and you start to pedal you can let go of the plus button and the motor assist will kick in as appropriate.
- Electric Assist Hub: The E.V.O. is available in a traditional deraillured system external hub with electric assist
- Direct steering: Horizontal handlebar position provides responsive leverage to steering inputs, and provides a tight turning radius
- Steering stack with bushing/bearing combination for smoother steering
- Chromoly steel frame is lightweight, smooth riding, and capable of supporting up to 300 pounds
- Comfort mesh seat for extra lateral support
- Simple operation, seamless experience
- Powerful 750W direct-drive hub motor
- No pedal resistance when battery isn't used
- 5 phase motor provides more torque & power
- Up to 1000 recharge cycles per battery
- Industry-leading 5 year motor warranty
|Drive System||Derailleur, Falco 750W 5 Phase Motor|
|Battery Type/Weight||Li-Ion / 36V / 11.6 Ah / 417 Wh|
|Max. Assisted Speed||20 mph|
|Range||97 km (60 miles)/Charge|
|Rims/Wheels||TerraTrike Black Double Wall|
|Tires||Schwalbe Energizer 20 X 1.75|
|Crankset||Driveline Durabi 400 170mm|
|Bottom Bracket||RPM Sealed Square Taper|
|Chain||KMC Z72 8-speed|
|Front Derailleur||MicroSHIFT Triple|
|Rear Derailleur||MicroShift 8-speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM PG-830 11-30, 8-speed|
|Shifters||Microshift Mezzo Trigger|
|Brake Levers||Promax Linear Pull, Locking|
|Brakes||Avid BB7 Mechanical|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Option||Barcode||Manufacturer's Part Number|